Sunday, June 22, 2008

Vent

I need to vent. No major details but just a general vent.

Art is a love of mine. Paper arts to be exact. I have always loved to create for as long as I can remember. So when the opportunity came to incorporate paper arts with business, of course I jumped on it. I love having a retail store and I absolutely LOVE teaching this craft to others. However I was not prepared for those out there who feel its ok to capitalize on others creations and ideas. Ethically its just wrong. I have to admit that when someone takes a project of mine and makes it for themselves or a gift, it flatters me. It feels great to have someone acknowledge your creativity. But again its hard to see someone take your ideas and make money off of them. So heres my plea to all of you, if you see something you like, make it, hang it up on your wall, put it in your album, but give credit where it is due. Dont take it and sell it and market it as your own when someone elses put their heart and time into creating it. OK enough said. Just had to get it out there. Get it off my chest.




Just thought Id leave you with a funny photo. Heres our 3 lazy labs. They were not posed. They actually sleep like this all the time. The little one isnt so little anymore. Hes getting pretty big. Hes crazy and cuddly all at the same time.

I also spent the day watching Camp Rock 3 times with the diva. Love those Jonas Brothers. And the new comer Demi something has a killer voice. All the talented teens are amazing.

Well off to create. I have a few deadlines Im working with. Thanks for reading my vent.

4 comments:

dhillman said...

You're right to vent and get that out there. It is wrong to steal ideas. You are so generous to share your ideas and I appreciate that.

Michelle Devine said...

Thank you for the supporting comment. I really appreciate that. ;)

SOINSPIRED said...

It's good to vent sometimes. You're as bad as my daughter. Her goal is to watch it four days in a row.

Sparklinbecks said...

I think its not very nice to steal ideas!!

Thanks for the bathroom comment! I love using the cricut for that vinyl stuff. Its addicting. The fonts are too limiting though.

I love your dogs picture! I want a puppy but the husband is saying no!