Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A poem by dear TJ

I am

I am a boy who likes computers
I wonder why people curse alot
I hear alot of insulting
I see people getting insulted everyday
I want the madness to stop
I am a boy who likes computers

I pretend to be a leader on video games
I feel angry when I get insulted
I touch space as I move around

I worry about pollution in the air
I cry when someone dies
I am a boy who likes computers

I understand that people make poor choices
I say respect anyone and everyone
I dream for the hatred to stop
I try to be a leader on games
I hope to see no wars in the future
I am a boy who likes computers.


This is a poem my oldest son wrote for an assignment for school. When I read it I cried. He has had problems with a couple boys in his class bullying him. Calling him names, just saying mean things. He has always been so sensitive. I am truley grateful to have my kids. They are good hearted kids. Just thought Id share because I am so proud.

5 comments:

Kim said...

love the poem! he's a gr8 kid! they all are!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

I don't know what else to say...

Love him!

Jen

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

WOW! What a wonderful son & person. Your awesome for posting this! Im a proud mom too. & I too am dealing with bully's.. But girl bully's & their nasty. Its easy for nice people who have kind hearts & no bad thoughts to be picked on, mostly when your new & pretty its hard to find friends. im a very sad & hurt mommy right now for what i hear & see in schools. I have 5 girls. (new baby) all 2 years apart. I see every school age go through drama. LOVE YOUR CHILDREN PARENTS!!!! TALK TO THEM & BE THERE. ALL THOSE NEGATIVE PEOPLE IN SCHOOL WON'T ALWAYS BE THERE BUT YOU WILL.THEY NEED US. ASK QUESTIONS & TALK TO YOUR CHILDREN. SOMETIMES ITS HARD FOR OTHERS TO CONVEY HOW THEY REALLY FEEL, SO LISTEN. & all this happens to ALL kinds of children. sometimes your "popular" children just don't let you know it.
sorry.... i know this isn't my place to vent & write soo much, but it is my job as a mommy to care & try to help. Sometimes we just need to be reminded in our busy schedules.... Go Kiss your babies!
im GLAD I FOUND YOUR BLOG!
Your an Awesome family.
Best wishes ~
Joelle xo

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

I hope it didn't sound stupid when I said its hard to find friends when your new & pretty. but Im a Proud mom & i thinnk my girls are beautiful. sad to say this but serioulsy, everyone can be picked on no matter what age, size, color, religion etc... & people sometimes don't think that "pretty" girls have problems. sometimes other pretty JEALOUS girls make life misserable for PRETTY girls. the nice ones.so it all HURTS the SAME. Where are the parents of these kids? do they know their children are so hurtful??? PLEASE. don't ever accept your child or their friends to think its cool to TEASE or whatever. its not. it doesn't make them popular. just stupid & mean.
(thank you for letting me get that out: )

Michelle Devine said...

Thanks for the comments guys.